Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gingerbread House Buildin'

The other day while at the library checking out books I spotted a flyer about gingerbread house making for tweens. Those that don't know, a tween is a person between the ages of 8-13. Depending on what reference you are looking at that age can change slightly. The sign up for the tween class at the library is 10-13 or grade 5-7. Logan's age is 11 & in 5th he qualified on both accounts. He was on a waiting list & I had forgotten all about signing him up untill I got home on Monday & got the message that he got in. I was worried it'd be all girls & he wouldn't have much fun, but there were a few other boys there too & even though he didn't want to sit at their table he had fun & asked to go to the scarf making class in Jan.

Would you look at this awesome gingerbread house Logan built. You can barely tell but that's icing smoke on top of the pepermint chimney.

Logan hard at work piping icing which holds the house panels together.
"Hmmmm, wonder where I should place this lifesaver on my walkway?"

I'll be sure to let Logan read any comments you guys make.

3 comments:

  1. Logan, mom thinks you did an awesome job today, GOOD JOB!! Love you mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan you did a fantistic job on your gingerbread house. I love it. Looks like it was a fun thing to do.
    I love you
    Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Logan I showed Papa and he really liked your gingerbread house to. He said it was a pretty neat house. I know he loves you too.

    ReplyDelete