Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 3 @ beach

This afternoon we went to Lambert's Cafe for lunch. There are two locations in MO but we've never been to one of those. They are home of the throwed roll & it's very good food. You do leave w/ a huge doggie bag too. The guys & kiddos headed back to the house while Retha & I headed to a scrapbook store close to Lambert's. The store decor is all nautical & they had tons of beach themed paper.
Usually we take family photos on the last night. I decided to do them earlier this year in case it rains like forecasted. There is a tropical storm in the Gulf that might give us some rain this week. Although it's expected to make landfall between Mexico & Texas it could cause some issues w/ rain for us. Better to get them done & over w/ I think. A nice bonus was this big piece of driftwood log that was up on the beach. Perfect place for photos.
Looking online at beach photos they seem to do a lot of this pose. It's an easy one to do because we don't have to force the kids to smile. We were farther up on the beach & not right on the shore line so you can't see all the stained up sand from the oil. Lots of foam in the water today also :(
Stephanie took this one of me & Chris. She is a really great photo taker.
Another one Steph took of me/Chris. I'd never thought to do this, & I really like it a lot.

1 comment: