I saw on Pinterest awhile back a really cool tray made by melting starlight mints. Like a ton of pins on there I forgot all about it until I was looking through my Christmas board trying to find a dessert for our first holiday dinner. Yeah, I know Thanksgiving hasn't happened yet, but we are busy busy busy this year & it just worked out everyone was free before so that's when we're celebrating. I ran across the tray & decided to give it a go. 
I get my mints. 
I unwrap & line them up on my parchment paper.
Have my oven preheated to 350 like blog says. http://tuttobellablog.com/2011/12/19/diy-serving-tray-2/
This is what it's suspose to look like. Mine however wasn't melting & then it started almost bubbling so I yank it outta there.
This non smooth, bubbly mess is what I ended up with. So off to try again & think, hmm maybe you do need to use a cookie sheet because possibly the metal heats better than the glass cake pan I had tried.
Well second time is worse & not better so I've decided there will be no third try this craft. The edges just ran & the middle looked nice but you just can't get over the nasty runny edges so oh we'll at least I tried.
And again here's the blog that had this on there if you want to try it for yourself. http://tuttobellablog.com/2011/12/19/diy-serving-tray-2/





No comments:
Post a Comment