Friday, December 10, 2010

Duck & cover!

I have a SU shipment due yesterday that I forgot about. It's about 6pm or so & pitch black outside. I'm sitting by the front living room window & hear a mans voice clearly. Chris hears it also. I tell him that someone is on our porch. As I'm saying that it sounds like the doorknob starts turning. (Side note....we always keep our doors locked even when home). Chris jumps up & says softly "Get down". I'm freaking out at this point for 1. I have no where to get down because of the foot stool & the Christmas tree. 2. Someone is trying to break into our home w/ US IN IT! 3. Chris has never told us that before EVER. Chris is running to the bedroom to grab his gun. I am right behind him because I'm not staying in the living room. As I run past Logan I touch his shoulder & say "come on". Steph has run into the kitchen & literally is whimpering. She decides to follow the rest of the family. Once we reach the bedroom Chris can't get out because we are all lined up behind him. Then we hear this sort of rumble outside. Chris asks if that is a UPS truck. I said I don't know. I peek outside & see nothing or no one. Chris go & checks out side & finds a box the UPS has apparently thrown from our sidewalk & it hit the screen door. The last two deliveries they've not rang our bell & if Mr. Brown knows what is good for him he might want to start ringing doorbells..........especially where people own handguns.

1 comment:

  1. I know how scary that was but I still had to laugh when I found out everything was okay. Glad it was just the ups people.

    ReplyDelete