Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pop-Up Pancakes


I subscribe to a yahoo group that sends out recipes occasionally. cammipea@yahoogroups.com I'll be honest & tell you I've never made any.....til this morning. If you know me at all, you know I'm no chef & never claim to be. I did have everything on hand for these & thought w/ 4 food critics here today since I'm babysitting it'd be a good thing to try out. School starts in a week so we'll see how well they freeze for a quick school morning breakfast. It says that it makes 24, I only ended up w/ 18. I do think I overfilled the muffin liners though because they really popped up. But as we know what goes up must come down, & they sure did. They fell big time & are ugly but they were still good. Here's the food critics & their opinions.
Allison ~ 4 stars Really unique & give the recipe to my mom.
Jenni ~ 4 stars They were fluffy.
Logan ~ 5 stars They were really good.
Stephanie ~ 2 stars They weren't really that great.
Ingerdients:
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
dash salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients in blender, & blend until smooth. Pour into extremely well greased muffin tins (makes 24). Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown "pop" them out of the tins, & top as desired.
Thanks again to Cammi for this wonderful, easy recipe.

1 comment: