Thursday, August 27, 2009

Trying to look on the bright side

Okay I'm gonna try to find the bright side of this story but first I need to tell you the nightmare the story. Our master bathroom sink had been running slow starting this summer. The bathtub in the main bathroom & only tub/shower in the house also started running slow. I decided to do the powerful drain cleaner, but not sure I used enough & was afraid to use more. Used the little snake & punched a hole in the drain of the sink. So that sink was out of commission. I bought a replacement part & Chris replaced it but it was still leaking. Since he's no plumber he told me to call the plumber. I called the plumber we've used for years & was recently out here to clear out our backed up washer drain. Fast Forward to the day he causes a huge mess puts the facuets & sink in......he broke 3 tiles in the tub around the facuet & popped a 4th loose. Also I just discovered he burned/scroched the floor in the coat closest. Which is where he had to cut through the wall to get access to the pipes. He left that night & left the water turned off too. When he was going to do the bill I asked him if I was going to get a discount for him breaking the tile. He said he'd have to ask the owner, I said "please do". They discounted the bill $10 an hour & took off 30 minutes of time. I think he forgot to charge me for the previous day. The day he unclogged the slow running drains. The facuets were dripping so I had decided to replace them. WHY I had to call the company back that night to tell them the tub facuet was still dripping & he had left his caulk gun & had left the water off. Not sure how it was brought up but he said that the guy told him he didn't break any tile. I told him he had to & he could come look if he wanted to. Of course he's not showed up! He told me that they discounted the bill & that should cover it. Right & we're out another $80 bucks an hour for no telling how long for them to fix that guys mistakes. Other than paying for a lawyer I think we're better off doing it ourselves. Chris's dad knows how to do tile stuff & has been over the last 2 nights working on the big gapping hole in the wall. Once he got the tiles out he discovered the drywall needs to be replaced. So last night was working on rigging up some wood to screw drywall into. Thank goodness for Wallace! We love him! Chris can do electrical & computer stuff but not the plumbing & woodworking stuff. So trying to find the bright side of this mess is that we know his dad loves us & is willing to help out & that means a lot to both of us. We know he loves us but when you have issues like this going on & trying to figure out a way to pay for another repair you'd never planned on in the first place. Thinking about your sons birthday party you are having in a few weeks for friends (his last big birthday party) & just having paid $1100 for doctor tests & the expense of school starting & all those supplies it's just hard to deal w/. So thank you Wallace. And it doesn't end there like you think. The drywall ended up being to thick so off I go on another trip to Home Depot to pick up the back board for tile. Okay not sure what I was thinking, I have both kids w/ me & I buy a like 5x7 piece of back board. It does fit into my car if I lay both back seats done thinking to self in panic mode where am I gonna fit both kids.....maybe Logan won't mind riding on top of car think to myself hum both kids are gonna have to just smush into front passenger seat. They didn't think kindly of this since the seat belt was digging into Logan back & Steph was half laying on her side so Logan could have the seat belt thing dig into his side. But being mom they did have their seat belt on. Like that would really help if we got pulled over. Can you hear it now "do you know why I stopped you?" me "well really officer not sure if Chris you know, my hubby who can't do tile work & your co-worker had me call a plumber &....................." don't think that'd flied. But even though I had ordered pizza for dinner, because Chris was late getting home from work & we saw at least seven officers on just Dixieland Rd. along we made it home safely w/ tile back board & pizza in tow.
Bright sides~getting to see father in law every day, having a father in law that is willing to help out his neighbors & kids in need, having a non drippy faucet w/ nice newly grouted tiles & it looks better than it has in years.

So major kuddos to Wallace! You are the BEST father in law ever thanks again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment