Sunday, August 9, 2009

Spur of the Moment day trip with the kids

I saw in the paper Saturday morning that Missouri was doing the tax free weekend.
Don't get me started on how stupid insane AR is for not having our own tax free weekend.

Since the kids have stained outgrown most of their winter clothes I thought it might be a good idea to drive up to MO to spend save some money. I had planned to take them to buy shoes anyways (in AR). I checked online (love store locators) & saw that Joplin has a Shoe Carnival. Buying shoes is no "Carnival" more like just put a bullet in my head & get me out of my misery but oh well, the kids & I needed shoes. Joplin is just over an hour (10 min's over to be exact) away. That's basically like driving to my parents in Huntsville so I could justify it to "save" some $'s. I call Retha to go & find out Wallace didn't feel good & then call Deena, then my mom, who is saving money for a Tulsa trip w/ some online friends of ours in just a few weeks. I get a text from my sister saying her boyfriend was off the whole weekend & she didn't want to go either. So feeling pity for myself that noone wants to go w/ me I decided to go by myself w/ the kids. I'm glad I did, we really did have a good time & no bullets needed during the shoe store or any store. After a fairly easy shoe buying time we are all getting hungry so using the trusty GPS we look up a food place. Taco Bell was the choice so off we go .4 miles down the road. Glad we chose Taco Bell & not Burger King carbon-monoxide filled restaraunt. A guy that worked at BK sat eating his tacos & called all his friends that answered the phone about 5 people to inform them that corporate wouldn't let his manager shut down the place. It got really funny & I couldn't help being happy when his gripe session break was over.

Off to Northpark Mall which happened to be right across from Shoe Carnival. Sears & Old Navy was on the list of stops there. Both happened to be right beside each other. Then over to Target, which was just one parking lot over. I mean every store I wanted to go to was within sight of each other. Logan ended up with new shoes & a couple long sleeve shirts. Stephanie ended up w/ 3 polo shirts & 2 layering tees. She even picked pink, can you believe it?

I know this is long & rambling but it lives up to the name of my blog doesn't it?

1 comment: