Monday, July 5, 2010

Rainbows & Stealth Bomber Bat-Birds

We've been getting ate alive sitting outside on the backporch this summer so today I bought some Citronella candles & holders for the liquid I have. Had to test them all out tonight of course. So Chris & I enjoyed some time sitting on the backporch w/ only one mosquito spotted. He went inside & I decided to enjoy the cooler temps & read a little bit. He came back out a few minutes later & spotted this rainbow off to the south. We'd been hearing thunder all around us but no rain for us as of yet.

While I am up on the ladder taking this picture I had a Stealth Bomber Bat-Bird small tiny bird glide over the top of the pool RIGHT AT ME!! It might as well been a real Stealth Bomber because it scared me. I screamed & jumped down off the ladder. I did manage to scare the daylights outta the little bird too. Although it kept coming back & made a couple stunt circling fly bys to see if the coast was clear from the maniac screaming lady. Chris asked me if I was just trying to break a leg when I climbed up to the 3rd ladder rung to try for a better rainbow picture.
He assured me that if the kids & I are in the pool it'll steer clear. I just hope & pray he knows what he's talking about. Stealth Bombing Bat-Birds aren't my idea of fun times, rainbow or not!!

1 comment:

  1. That was your other mosquito repelant. They swoop close to water to get the mosquito's laying eggs. I'm sure you knew this though.lol. Bet it was a ballerina jump too.lol.

    ReplyDelete