Friday, July 30, 2010

Yummy Flip Flop Cookies

I saw some really cute cookies in the August 2010 edition of Family Fun Magazine. http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/sweet-sandals-907343/

Of course it was the first dessert I thought of when I invited a friend over to swim last weekend.

My mom came over the day before the swimming & I showed her the article. She thought it'd be cute to decorate in pink icing for a baby shower for a lady at her work. So off we went to buy all the supplies.

Here is My Moms Version on her blog. Mine are below.

I did use the sour gummy worms & since they are cut in half they aren't very sour tasting. I did try sticking the gummies on w/ icing like the magazine said, but found they were so sticky on the inside they stuck just fine to the icing on the cookie. (notice the one of the top left) I thought I had some graham crackers to crush up for sand at home but I didn't so I had no sand also.

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I like how yours turned out too. They suprised me by tasting so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to your blog. I am definitely making these for one of our pool parties. I think I even have the mag they're in, but haven't had time to look at it yet.

    ReplyDelete